The Pink Building design of this Jaipur Living rug designed by Matteo Cibic offers an architectural vista of the city of Jaipur, comprised of geometric shapes and fine-lined details.
ACWORTH, Ga. — Global rug and textiles furnishings company Jaipur Living is introducing a new collection of rugs from Italian designer Matteo Cibic called Jaipur Wunderkammer.
Cibic, an internationally award-winning trans-media artist and designer based in Italy, said he played on the colors, culture and beauty of the city of Jaipur in India by mixing geometric and decorative patterns in shades of pink, rose, orange and peach that are typical to the city.
“I’ve imbued my creative universe with the peculiar architecture and colors of the city and taken inspiration from ancient paintings and the architectonic sundial,” Cibic said.
He named the collection after cabinets of curiosities that appeared in Europe in the mid-16th century called Wunderkammer, which often held many types of exotic objects.
The rugs are handtufted in a wool blend with a cotton backing and include:
- Royal Patio – A design that impresses with its striking architectural lattice details and scalloped shape.
- Stair Maze – The labyrinthine pattern of the design with its pink ribbons and wine-colored ticking stripes fits well with modern décor.
- Floral Canvas – This rug pops with a dot design in a high-low pile with hues of ballet pink, light blue and bright gold.
- Pink Haze – The geometric pattern and rounded rectangle shape bring out the rug’s tonal gray, pink and blue hues.
- Pink Building – This pattern offers an architectural vista of the city of Jaipur with its geometric shapes and fine-lined details.
- Jaipur Dance – The design, with its border of whimsical feet, is created to bring a smile to those who view it.
- Pink Perspective – The abstract linear pattern makes a truly artistic statement with its rosy, neutral tones that contrast with the deep wine hue.
Jaipur Living imbues rugs and textiles for the home with an updated point of view which is inspired by a model that nurtures artisans and indigenous crafts around the globe.